Online trademark registration in Delhi, Noida | Trademark registration online India
What is a trademark?
A trademark (popularly known as brand name) in layman’s language is a visual symbol which may be a word signature, name, device, label, numerals or combination of colors used by one undertaking on goods or services or other articles of commerce to distinguish it from other similar goods or services originating from a different undertaking. Get the Trademark registration services like Trademark registration in Ghaziabad, Trademark registration in Noida, Trademark registration in Delhi, Trademark registration in Gurgaon, Trademark registration in Meerut, Trademark registration in Up and Trademark registration in india.
The legal requirements to register a trademark under the Act are:
- The selected mark should be capable of being represented graphically (that is in the paper form).
- It should be capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one undertaking from those of others.
- It should be used or proposed to be used mark in relation to goods or services for the purpose of indicating or so as to indicate a connection in the course of trade between the goods or services and some person have the right to use the mark with or without identity of that person.
What is the process of Trade Mark Registration?
1.Trade Mark Application Filing
2.Examination Report by the registry
3.Reply to Examination Report
4.Advertisement in Indian Trademark Journal
What are the benefits of registering a trademark?
1.Name, Logo Protection, which is often most valuable assets
2.Grants exclusive nationwide ownership of the mark
3.Decreases the likelihood of another party claiming that your trademark infringes upon their trademark
5.Increased Business Value
Frequently asked question:
How to select a good trademark?
If it is a word it should be easy to speak, spell and remember. The best trademarks are invented words or coined words or unique geometrical designs.
Please avoid selection of a geographical name, common personal name or surname. No one can have monopoly right on it.
Avoid adopting laudatory word or words that describe the quality of goods (such as best, perfect, super etc.)
It is advisable to conduct a market survey to ascertain if same/similar mark is used in market.
What is the function of a trademark?
Under modern business condition a trademark performs four functions
Ø It identifies the goods / or services and its origin.
Ø It guarantees its unchanged quality
Ø It advertises the goods/services
Ø It creates an image for the goods/ services.
Who can apply for a trademark and how?
Any person, claiming to be the owner of a trademark used or proposed to be used by him, may apply in writing in prescribed manner for registration.
What are different types of trademarks that may be registered in India?
- Any name (including personal or surname of the applicant or predecessor in business or the signature of the person), which is not unusual for trade to adopt as a mark.
- An invented word or any arbitrary dictionary word or words, not being directly descriptive of the character or quality of the goods/service.
- Letters or numerals or any combination thereof.
- The right to proprietorship of a trademark may be acquired by either registration under the Act or by use in relation to particular goods or service.
- Devices, including fancy devices or symbols
- Combination of colors or even a single color in combination with a word or device
- Shape of goods or their packaging
- Marks constituting a 3- dimensional sign.
- Sound marks when represented in conventional notation or described in words by being graphically represented.
Can any correction be made in the application or register?
Yes. But the basic principle is that the trademark applied for should not be substantially altered affecting its identity. Subject to this changes are permissible according to rules detailed in the subordinate legislation.
Can a registered trademark be removed from the register?
Yes. It can be removed on application to the Registrar on prescribed form on the ground that the mark is wrongly remaining on the register. The Registrar also can suo moto issue Notice for removal of a registered trademark?